Breaking Boundaries is a non-profit organization, operated by a multicultural, multi-generational group. It started in 2010, as an outreach to both adults and youth against drug & alcohol abuse, prostitution, and the high rate of suicide within our communities. Our Vision at Breaking Boundaries: expresses the spirit behind the communities, where souls are nourished with the true word of God



Thursday 3 January 2013

'At your own Risk'



Jesus is the supreme example of living without fear of being disappointed by others. “He emptied Himself by assuming the form of a slave….He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death- even to death on the cross” (Phil 2:7-8)

Disappointed people sometimes find it difficult to move out toward others. After all, people – even Christian people- can be rude- uncouth- obnoxious, and sometimes downright disgusting. I sometimes think it might be helpful if we put a sign outside some churches saying: Enter at your own risk” Forgive my cynicism, but I have lived long enough to know that Christians can hurt! What are we supposed to do when we know that to move toward another person in love exposes us to the risk of being disappointed? We move forward in love: easy to say, but more difficult to do. Making ourselves vulnerable to disappointments is frightening, but this has to happen if we are to love as we are loved.


Mature Christians are those who are willing to look fully into the face of disappointment and feel it, knowing that because they do, they will come to a deeper awareness that no one can comfort the heart like Jesus Christ. In the presence of such pain, one more easily sees the uselessness of every attempt to find solace in one’s own independent strategies. Facing and feeling the pain of disappointment underlies more than anything else the gripping truth that only in God we can trust

Father at times You purpose seem to run diametrically opposite to my interests, but the more I ponder on them, the more I see that You always have my interest at heart. Help me to trust You more and myself less, in the name of Jesus of Nazareth!

1 comment:

  1. Father thank You for steering my life, I thank You for the directing my steps. I thank You for where I am and I thank You that I know who I am and Who's I am in Jesus Name!

    ReplyDelete