Breaking Boundaries is a non-profit organization, operated by a multicultural, multi-generational group. It started in 2010, as an outreach to both adults and youth against drug & alcohol abuse, prostitution, and the high rate of suicide within our communities. Our Vision at Breaking Boundaries: expresses the spirit behind the communities, where souls are nourished with the true word of God



Friday 18 July 2014

A Reflection

Psalm 22 is a prophetic, messianic Psalm that vividly describes the agony of Jesus on the cross. When we feel abandoned and alone it reminds us that only the Son of God truly faced the silence of heaven. And yet he kept trusting his Father. And all this for our sake. And what an awesome victory his suffering has accomplished. Because Jesus was afflicted for us God has exalted him. 

He will receive global praise: "all the families of the nations shall worship before you"
The one who died is now alive forever. Here we are in the year 2014 and this promise is continuing to be fulfilled about Jesus: "Posterity shall serve him; it shall be told of the Lord to the coming generation; they shall come and proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn, that he has done it". Jesus has done it! He has brought salvation!

In John 21 the words of Jesus to Peter who wanted to know the fate of his fellow disciple always challenge me. "Jesus said to him, "If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow me!"




I'm so prone to comparison. I want everything to be "fair" (whatever that means). Why does that person have something better than me. And sometimes I feel guilt over a harder road a friend is being called to walk. Jesus says to me, "What is that to you? You follow me!" You take the assignment I've given you. It's not about us, it's about him. Let's follow him today.


Still Hungry?  Matthew 4:19, Mark 15:31, Job 17:2

No comments:

Post a Comment