Breaking Boundaries is a non-profit organization, operated by a multicultural, multi-generational group. It started in 2010, as an outreach to both adults and youth against drug & alcohol abuse, prostitution, and the high rate of suicide within our communities. Our Vision at Breaking Boundaries: expresses the spirit behind the communities, where souls are nourished with the true word of God



Saturday 17 August 2013

Come As You Are



All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away..Jesus Christ." - John 6:37 NIV

There is no way to verify this, but I believe that no song is more associated with people’s public profession of faith than the hymn, “Just As I Am.” Though written in 1835, the hymn’s popularity reached its apex in the second half of the twentieth century when Billy Graham used it for his altar calls. Many churches and evangelists also adopted it, making it a tradition at the end of services when people are invited to “walk down the aisle” and declare their lives for Jesus.

And no wonder. Does any hymn summarize the declaration of a spiritual journey more succinctly than “Just As I Am”? Focus on these words – these powerful, beautiful words – of a sinner deciding to place his soul in the hands of Jesus.

Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, tho' tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt,
Fightings and fears within, without,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve,
Because Thy promise I believe,
O Lamb of God, I come! I come.

Have you come? Will you come today – just as you are6

Still Hungry? John 17:2, John 17:7


No comments:

Post a Comment